The Herbal Bath & Body Book
Is there anything more relaxing—or magical—than an herbal bath? A nice soak sweetened with natural bath salts can calm and quiet the mind, encourage deep sleep, and provide comfort after a stressful day. Depending on the herbs used and the temperature of the water, a bath can stimulate and uplift or relax and soothe. It can decongest the chest and the head, reduce a fever, or ease a migraine.
Herbal baths have a long history and have been used for generations to successfully treat stress, respiratory ailments, achy muscles, and fevers. Baths were once one of the main methods practitioners used to deliver herbal medicine. Hot water opens pores and makes it easy for the skin to absorb the healing properties of herbs. Hand and foot baths are also effective. Never underestimate the power of a good soak!
Bath salts soften water while adding valuable minerals to it. And, of course, they cleanse the skin. Simple to assemble, they make great giveaways or party favors—no girl can resist a fresh batch of bath salts! Displayed on a shelf, salts can add sparkle to your bathroom. Salts come in different colors, so you can change up the shades you use to create pretty, decorative effects.
- Carlos D. favorited Bath Salts 28 Jul 07:20
- Ryan G. favorited Bath Salts 27 Jul 08:47
- Rebecca M. favorited Bath Salts 13 Jun 02:44
- Alyssa D. added Bath Salts to Not quite but close 25 May 05:38
- Alecia B. favorited Bath Salts 17 May 03:47
- RavenQuinzel added Bath Salts to Ideas to try 11 May 09:49
- Emma H. favorited Bath Salts 10 May 21:41
- GMC Group published her project Bath Salts 10 May 06:00
In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together except for the essential oils. Stir thoroughly.
Sprinkle the essential oils over the mixture and then stir them in. Mix the ingredients well.
Pour the salt into the glass jars or plastic bags and seal.