Reusing popped balloons!
I make art out of balloon scraps, which I get from my balloon artist boyfriend. You can do the same with left over balloons from birthday parties. I say left over, because the idea of this is to upcycle balloons, not to go out and buy new ones just to cut up and then throw away again!
- pat l. favorited Balloon Art 13 Aug 08:38
- john l. favorited Balloon Art 17 Mar 11:34
- mickervine e. favorited Balloon Art 12 Mar 10:31
- mickervine e. commented on Balloon Art 12 Mar 10:28
- Brandi M. favorited Balloon Art 22 Sep 02:17
- Kristen k. favorited Balloon Art 16 Nov 18:52
- tricia m. favorited Balloon Art 06 Aug 13:23
- Jenny C. favorited Balloon Art 12 Jul 22:55
- Irene Wildfox added Balloon Art to Art 09 Jun 11:12
- Irene Wildfox favorited Balloon Art 09 Jun 11:12
Cut up the balloon scraps so that you have flat pieces to work with. Cut out sections of balloon that will fit into your drawing.
Brush some mod podge down and then lay a piece of balloon down, and then brush more mod podge on top.
Fill up the design with balloons as much as you can. Try not to layer too many pieces on top of one another, you want to try and keep the surface flat. It makes it easier when you draw on it later.
Brush on another coat or two of mod podge when you're done and let them dry all the way.