quick handmade gifts for newborn baby girls!
A quick tutorial for making baby headbands from lace and a yo yo flower. no machine required!
- Rebecca M. favorited Baby Headband Tutorial 10 Jun 14:09
- Rachael H. added Baby Headband Tutorial to Sew/Knit/Crochet 01 Dec 00:19
- marilyn.steckly favorited Baby Headband Tutorial 21 Apr 02:38
- rouge s. added Baby Headband Tutorial to Gift Ideas 07 Nov 21:48
- rouge s. favorited Baby Headband Tutorial 07 Nov 21:48
- KirbyBella added Baby Headband Tutorial to To-make list 04 Oct 23:24
- Kathy Gregson added Baby Headband Tutorial to Baby 17 Sep 14:09
- tessie.bonilla.7 favorited Baby Headband Tutorial 24 Apr 18:10
- sweetstuffbymisty favorited Baby Headband Tutorial 07 Jul 06:14
Step one: make head band
- put the ends of the lace right sides together. use a machine basting stitch or hand sew the ends together with a 0.5cm (1/5th inch) seam, leaving long tails of thread at each end.
- Pull the bottom thread to gather the seam a bit and tie the ends into knots to hold. Cut thread close to the knot. Set aside
Step two: make fabric yo yo
NB: for this step, I used a yo yo maker, but if you don't have one, they're easy to make without one. Follow a tutorial from Heather Bailey (google search)
- After making your yo yo, sew a button to the centre. Here I used a vintage flower button.
Step three: attach yo yo to head band
- stitch the yo yo to the head band over the gathered seam. If you want it to look extra neat, you could cut a circle of felt and sandwich the headband in between the felt and the yo yo, stitching them together around the edge of the felt circle. (I guess you could hot glue gun it or fabric glue it if you trust it to stick!)
Step four: admire your work and the cute baby.
Done!! A super easy hand made gift you can give to new mothers and customise any way you like.