Decorative, yet functional coat rack
My husband and I were trying to solve the problem of always having our coats draped over our kitchen chairs. So, we set out to make a functional, but decorative coat rack. It was a fun little project to do together!
- Roxyandboys favorited Awesome Coat Rack 14 Feb 10:23
- Daniela S. added Awesome Coat Rack to The Burrow DIY Ideas 23 Mar 14:07
- zoegirl221 favorited Awesome Coat Rack 21 Sep 22:18
- Valerie R. favorited Awesome Coat Rack 25 Jul 19:22
- Hayley J. favorited Awesome Coat Rack 09 Jan 03:39
- Miss Stripes added Awesome Coat Rack to To-make list 05 Dec 06:43
- Miss Stripes favorited Awesome Coat Rack 05 Dec 06:43
- Elaine M. favorited Awesome Coat Rack 04 Dec 19:37
- ArteinterrogantE favorited Awesome Coat Rack 30 Nov 09:32
- Naomi D. favorited Awesome Coat Rack 26 Nov 12:40
Then, we went to Cost Plus World Market where we knew they sold hooks and other hardware of the style we were looking for.
We took the piece of wood to the store so we could lay out all of our choices and see how they fit.
We spent about $70 on the 11 hooks and knobs we picked out (using a $10 off coupon).
Once the stain was dry, we brought in the wood and laid out all the hooks and knobs where we wanted them. My husband used a drill to drill holes for the knobs, and to screw all the hooks to the board. He had to match up different types of screws for the different hardware, but he was able to do it all with screws he already had in his tool box.