Wear the season
This necklace doesn't have to be autumn style, if you used white pearls it could be for winter, or little flower charms for summer etc. Another way you could make it is to put the charms in between two knots, so that they can slide around a little bit - but if you did this you would probably want to use eye pins instead of jump rings so that they cannot slide past the knots you make.
- Kaiulani W. favorited Autumn Leaves Necklace 19 Nov 01:59
- Emma H. favorited Autumn Leaves Necklace 25 Jan 22:20
- VillainousNinja added Autumn Leaves Necklace to Elf 21 Sep 01:59
- Adrienne S. favorited Autumn Leaves Necklace 13 Oct 01:59
- Amalie added Autumn Leaves Necklace to Jewelry 19 Feb 00:13
- CreativeGirl79 favorited Autumn Leaves Necklace 15 Nov 02:20
- martyna.warden favorited Autumn Leaves Necklace 03 Apr 20:23
- Alice G. added Autumn Leaves Necklace to to make 21 Aug 23:11
- Jinx added Autumn Leaves Necklace to Necklaces 29 Jun 00:42
- Elizabeth Y. favorited Autumn Leaves Necklace 12 May 15:30
Using round nosed pliers, make dents along the leaf to look like the veins of the leaf. To do this I put the leaf on a little squishy square of baked fimo I had. You can use whatever you like, but it has to be thick enough so that the pliers actually bend the leaf, just trying different things out to see what will work best is probably the best way to do this step.
Put a jump ring through this hole, and then thread the jump ring onto your cord. Make a knot around the jump ring so that it stays in the same place on the cord.
When you do this, it is a good idea to rotate the jump ring so that the join in the ring is hidden within the knot. This means that the thin leaves won't slip out of the ring in the small gap.