Wonton wrappers are a quick alternative to homemade pasta for ravioli.
Makes 18 ravioli; serves 4
The rich brown butter, bright lemon zest, and crunchy almond garnish perfectly complement the creamy asparagus filling.
PER SERVING: 510 CALORIES | 13G PROTEIN | 33G CARB | 38G TOTAL FAT | 19G SAT FAT | 12G MONO FAT | 3G POLY FAT | 90MG CHOL | 620MG SODIUM | 3G FIBER
More About Marscarpone
Mascarpone is a thick and buttery double- to triple-cream cow’s milk cheese (containing over 60% and often over 75% milk fat). It’s slightly sweet with a faint yellow hue and spans dishes from starters to sweets.
Try mixing mascarpone into pasta or fold it into polenta. For simple desserts, serve mascarpone with fresh figs, pears, or
berries, or dollop a spoonful alongside fruit pies or tarts.
- Birgit added Asparagus Ravioli With Brown Butter Sauce to Food 06 Apr 15:41
- Vany Wundersam added Asparagus Ravioli With Brown Butter Sauce to greatest recipes 05 Mar 23:22
- saxon s. added Asparagus Ravioli With Brown Butter Sauce to food 09 Feb 06:55
- cristinakilljoyway favorited Asparagus Ravioli With Brown Butter Sauce 25 Jan 20:06
- Birgit favorited Asparagus Ravioli With Brown Butter Sauce 20 Jan 15:14
- dezarae.hurtado favorited Asparagus Ravioli With Brown Butter Sauce 20 Jan 02:32
- judithchen favorited Asparagus Ravioli With Brown Butter Sauce 19 Jan 09:39
- KelliDroze added Asparagus Ravioli With Brown Butter Sauce to Food 18 Jan 23:56
You Will Need
Bring a medium pot of well-salted water to a boil over high heat. Have ready a medium bowl of ice water. Boil the asparagus tips until tender but still bright green, about 2 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to the ice water. When cool, transfer with the slotted spoon to a small bowl and set aside. Cook and cool the asparagus spears in the same manner; dry them on paper towels. In a food processor (or by hand), chop 11/2 cups of the spears very finely and transfer to a medium bowl. Add the remaining spears to the tips.
Add the mascarpone, ricotta, Parmigiano, anchovy paste, garlic, and cayenne to the chopped asparagus; mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Arrange 18 wonton wrappers on a work surface. Put 1 level Tbs. of the asparagus filling in the center of each wrapper. Using a pastry brush, moisten the edges of each with water. Top each with another wrapper and press the edges firmly to seal, expelling any air bubbles as you seal. If you don’t plan to cook the ravioli immediately, cover them with a damp cloth.
Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a rolling boil over high heat. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat and add the almonds, shaking the pan. Cook until the butter turns light brown, about 6 minutes, and then immediately transfer to a small bowl.
Add the ravioli to the boiling water. When they rise to the surface, after about 1 minute, use a slotted spoon to transfer them to warm plates or pasta bowls. Spoon the brown butter mixture over the ravioli. Top with the reserved asparagus pieces, a grinding of pepper, a sprinkle of Parmigiano, and a little lemon zest and serve.