Update an inexpensive or worn lampshade with patterned scrapbook paper!
At Close to My Heart’s Extravaganza during Convention, I displayed this altered lampshade. Thank you so much to Amber Packer for the inspiration. It’s super simple and all it takes is a little time.
- Missing file
- Ronald T. favorited Altered Lampshade 10 Sep 08:01
- Karen D. favorited Altered Lampshade 06 Oct 01:19
- Jousie N. added Altered Lampshade to Paper Products 01 Jul 02:34
- Dianna Reed added Altered Lampshade to tings to be done! 29 Aug 20:16
- Valerie R. favorited Altered Lampshade 11 Jun 00:55
- Mignon D. favorited Altered Lampshade 21 May 19:29
- lala favorited Altered Lampshade 08 May 07:46
- Misti M. favorited Altered Lampshade 04 May 02:39
- itscthere favorited Altered Lampshade 24 Apr 16:21
- AmanDuh favorited Altered Lampshade 22 Apr 20:01
First, I picked up a small and inexpensive lamp at Walmart. Be sure that it is cylindrical and not square. Also, a low wattage energy saving light-bulb will not get so hot that you have to worry about the hot glue or the paper.
Next, I cut circles from the paper in the Avonlea Paper kit (available on August 1). I went with 1 3/4″ circles, cut from Key i of Cricut Artiste Cartridge. I would say scale your circle size to fit the size of your shade. The amount of circles you are going to need is really variable, so I just filled the page with circles to make it easy.