Altered bulbs (garden lamps) turned into decorative pieces
In this tutorial you will learn how to turn your garden lamps into very special pieces for your kids' room or for your crafting place. Lots of texture and colorful combinations of embellishments and pigments, leaving empty spaces to let the light come out.
- Key West Witch favorited Altered Bulbs 29 Jun 09:14
- Jill Goslinga favorited Altered Bulbs 02 Oct 14:13
- Ronald T. commented on Altered Bulbs 10 Sep 07:54
- Ronald T. favorited Altered Bulbs 10 Sep 07:54
- mmotse03 favorited Altered Bulbs 05 Sep 09:57
- Crafterella featured Altered Bulbs 02 Sep 23:00
- Nuneka published their project Altered Bulbs 28 Aug 09:00
Prepare the embellishments with soft clay and silicon moulds. Let them dry completely.
Clean your crystal lamps with alcohol to avoid any stain.
Stick some masking tape on an acetate piece and use cutting dies to cut star shapes. Stick the start to the lamps.
Cover the lamps with gesso or primer.
Glue some string around the lamps, mine got some fabric leaves too.
Glue all your embellishments and art stones.
Let it all dry and cover with white gesso.
Use Lindy's Magicals to add color to your lamps. Spray water, sprinkle the pigments, spray more water. Dry. repeat until you are pleased with the results.
Very gently unstick the masking tape. You can help yourself with a craft knife.
Use diluted gold acrylic paint to add some touches here and there.
Highlight with metallic waxes.