Cheap Art Rocks!
Make your own altered art canvases for almost nothing! I bought a bunch of canvases in a half price sale at the art store, everything else used here was in the stash! I made this for a friend who is having a baby to hang in her nursery.
- Paulida H. favorited Altered Art Canvas 21 Jul 03:51
- witterings favorited Altered Art Canvas 13 May 16:04
- Christina C. added Altered Art Canvas to Things to try 23 Mar 06:27
- Presley W. favorited Altered Art Canvas 24 Sep 05:00
- Rebecca M. favorited Altered Art Canvas 10 Jun 16:56
- Alpha N. added Altered Art Canvas to ATCs 22 May 21:17
- Alpha N. favorited Altered Art Canvas 22 May 21:17
- Rhonda G. favorited Altered Art Canvas 22 Apr 18:51
- Kay T. favorited Altered Art Canvas 12 Nov 04:15
- Jamie L. favorited Altered Art Canvas 01 Nov 10:21
Just like in my ATC workshop, this piece of art begins with lots of layering. Tear your text paper into random shapes, then glue to the pre-stretched canvas with a thin layer of Mod Podge. Make sure you smooth the paper carefully to prevent bubbles.
Cut your desired main image from a magazine or other source. Here I used a photo of ranunculus flowers from a magazine. Once you have decided on the correct placement, use a glue stick to secure it to your canvas and press firmly.
Embellish to your heart's content! Here's what I did here:
- added a shipping tag by removing the string and inking the edge. I wrote a message with fine point marker and secured the tag to the canvas with glue. then I added a brad and button to the top of the tag.
- Added heart cutouts in different shapes to the tag and corners. I cut them and inked the edges in green
- Added gold dots around the edges of images with dimensional paint for glitz
- Embossed a flourish in one corner with green
Now you have a finished, personalized piece of art ready to hang, customizable in any way to fit your style!
christmas idea i think so
CO + K User
when canvas isn't on sale, hit the thrift store in search of art (on canvas) that you wouldn't mind covering up. it could save you some time w/ layering or give you a base idea for the theme you'll use.
teenager's room, kitchen, entrance hall, bathroom...
thanks for posting!!