part 2 of the instructions: make and add the hearts
This is a tutorial for Step 2 in making your Alice Mitts: making the hearts to sew onto your mitts. I chose to knit my hearts, because I like the different textures of the knit and crochet stitches together. If you don’t know how to knit, you can of course crochet your hearts.
There are many ways to knit hearts but this is how I learned from my mom. If you have another technique you like, feel free to use that instead!
- ZombieUnicorn favorited Alice Mitts (Part Two) 14 Jan 22:28
- Carmen favorited Alice Mitts (Part Two) 08 Dec 12:32
- maja.suspiria favorited Alice Mitts (Part Two) 10 Sep 16:12
- sai j. favorited Alice Mitts (Part Two) 21 Jul 08:46
- srslyjc favorited Alice Mitts (Part Two) 19 Jul 20:31
- mallory.bell favorited Alice Mitts (Part Two) 29 Jun 21:19
- Michelle S. added Alice Mitts (Part Two) to Shoes, Clothes, Accessories 03 Jun 17:30
- Emily T. favorited Alice Mitts (Part Two) 02 Jun 01:20
- ale_corason favorited Alice Mitts (Part Two) 01 Jun 07:39
- Ruth W published her project Alice Mitts (Part Two) 28 Apr 13:12
cast on 3 stitches.
row 1: (and all odd rows following) knit
row 2: kfb, knit 1, kfb (5 stitches)
row 4: kfb, knit 3, kfb (7 stitches)
row 6: kfb, knit 5, kfb (9 stitches)
continue adding 2 stitches every even row until you have 15 stitches on your needle
row 14: knit 7, k2tog, knit to end of row
row 15: (work only the first 7 stitches on your needle) k1, k2tog, k1, k2tog, k1
row 16: knit
row 17: k2tog, k1, k2tog
row 18: knit
row 19: cast off
work rows 15-19 again for 2nd set of 7 stitches on your needle.
make a second heart for your second mitt
weave in ends and sew your hearts onto the front of your mitts in whichever direction you prefer.
Now you’re ready for a little trip to Wonderland yourself!