A fun way to make an abstracted flower bouquet!
- JadeSucksAtLife favorited Abstracted Flowers 27 Feb 12:48
- Anna J. favorited Abstracted Flowers 12 Oct 16:30
- Kimberlee E. favorited Abstracted Flowers 29 Sep 15:56
- Stephanie M. favorited Abstracted Flowers 17 Sep 02:25
- Rich T. added Abstracted Flowers to Drawing and painting 13 Sep 18:21
- Crafterella featured Abstracted Flowers 06 Sep 23:00
- Porcupine G. favorited Abstracted Flowers 06 Sep 05:11
- Carla Sonheim published her project Abstracted Flowers 01 Sep 09:00
Once your watercolors are dry, get out your white gesso. Using a DRY brush (or one that you’ve squeezed most of the water out of), start painting gesso circles around areas of the watercolor, as shown above. Once you paint a circle, immediately turn the brush around and “draw into” the gesso with the brush handle. Draw lines for petals, circle-y scribbles, etc.
Cover the in-between areas with white gesso, too. (Also, the white “stars” above are made by putting a dollup of gesso in the middle of a color patch, and then turning the brush around and drawing into it.) Let gesso layer dry completely.