Learn how-to make a tassel in #TechniqueTuesday with Rumana from The Little Pomegranate and then make her Sweet Dreams Baby Mobile.
Cut a template using a small piece of cardboard (from a cereal box or cardboard package) into a rectangle measuring 3cm by 2.5cm.
1. Wrap the thread around the template along the 3cm length. Do this 50 times for a really fluffy tassel or 40 times. Cut the thread.
2. Using a new piece of thread, thread under the bunch of threads
...and tie a knot, bringing it to the top of the template.
Then bring the two tails of this thread down the sides to join the rest.
3. Carefully slide the bale of threads off the template and tie another piece of the thread around the top to create the ‘head’. Double knot to secure.
4. Take the tail of this thread and tidy it up by threading it under and into the tassel to join the rest.
5. Cut through all the loops of thread
6. Fan out and trim as necessary to make the tassel even
7. Add tassels to everything you own
Got the hang of this technique?
Put your new skill to the test with this tutorial:
Is there a certain technique you'd love to learn or one that you could teach us? Send us a message!