Bowl made from pages from a Magazine
I saw many different version of these bowls and really wanted to try to make one.
I used an entire Cosmo magazine in the making of this bowl. All the items I used I had around the house.
I took a page from the magazine and folded it in half and then opened it up and brought the edges to the center and folded each size in again to make a nice 3/4"-ish strip. I coiled that strip and taped it together. I continued adding strips until I used almost the whole magazine.
Then I found a bowl in my cupboard and layed it upside-down. I placed my magazine bowl on top and formed it around my real bowl. I then took it outside and sprayed the outside and then inside of the magazine bowl with clear varnish. That didn't seem to give it enough hold, so I then made a water-glue wash and painted it on inside and out.
It makes a good candy bowl.
- Jessica favorited Magazine Bowl 14 Sep 12:16
- Allison S. favorited Magazine Bowl 01 Jul 07:46
- Mildred favorited Magazine Bowl 26 Jun 11:45
- Rupre c. favorited Magazine Bowl 30 May 12:00
- Linda s. favorited Magazine Bowl 28 May 18:26
- Diane favorited Magazine Bowl 28 May 07:28
- Thomson G. commented on Magazine Bowl 25 May 17:04
- Thomson G. favorited Magazine Bowl 25 May 17:04
- hayden d. favorited Magazine Bowl 23 Mar 12:56
- david l. favorited Magazine Bowl 24 Apr 10:44
Fallan R. posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!