a quick recipe to curb a sudden chinese craving!
I'm crazy about chinese food. Are you ?
- Karo V. favorited Veg Noodles With Baby Corn Manchurian 21 Jan 21:38
- AndiSam favorited Veg Noodles With Baby Corn Manchurian 20 Jan 06:53
- Jenn M. favorited Veg Noodles With Baby Corn Manchurian 19 Jan 03:19
- KelliDroze added Veg Noodles With Baby Corn Manchurian to Food 17 Jan 18:43
- buttercup303 published her project Veg Noodles With Baby Corn Manchurian 16 Jan 15:42
For the Noodles:
# Cook noodles as per the packet instructions and keep aside.
# In a pan, heat oil, add minced ginger, minced garlic and scallion whites.
# Now add the chopped onions and beans saute on high heat.
# Add chinese salt and a spoon of vinegar.
# Now add the noodles and toss on high heat for a minute and turn off heat.
# Garnish with Scallion greens and serve
For the Manchurian :
Fry the Baby Corn :
Make the batter with > 1 tbsp paprika powder > 1 tsp chili sauce > 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste > Salt > 1 tsp soy sauce > 5 tbsp cornflour > 3 tbsp flour >few tbsps of water
Mix well to get a thick batter. Toss in the baby corn pieces and coat well in the battar.
For The Sauce :
*In a pan, heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil
* add 1 tbsp each of minced ginger and garlic. Saute for a min
* Add one chopped onion and one chopped green bell pepper (deseeded). Saute for two min on high heat.
* Add 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp ketchup, 1 tbsp chilli sauce and chinese salt to taste. Mix well
* Pour in 1 large glass of water. Let it all boil
* Make a mixture of 3 tbsp of cornflour and 1/2 a cup of water and pour this slowly into the bubbling sauce, stirring it, till it thickens.
* Let it simmer for a minute.
* Check the salt. add a spoon of sugar if required. Now add the fried baby corn and mix well.
*Garnish with scallion greens if desired. Serve.