A variation on a Korean classic, this JapChae uses spiralized sweet potatoes for noodles
- Summer O. favorited Sweet Potato Jap Chae 22 May 06:01
- WhereTheWildThingsAre favorited Sweet Potato Jap Chae 05 Apr 16:16
- Lily R. favorited Sweet Potato Jap Chae 05 Apr 01:20
- Syeyon K. commented on Sweet Potato Jap Chae 03 Apr 03:10
- Syeyon K. favorited Sweet Potato Jap Chae 03 Apr 03:09
- KelliDroze added Sweet Potato Jap Chae to Food 01 Apr 22:06
- Johnna P. published her project Sweet Potato Jap Chae 17 Feb 18:48
You Will Need
In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, sesame oil and maple syrup. Set aside.
In a large deep skillet, toss sweet potato noodles with sesame oil and cook over medium-low heat. Constantly toss, cooking to warm and slightly soften.
Once soft, toss with the soy sauce, sesame oil and maple syrup mixture.
In another pan, stirfry onion with 2 t. sesame oil. Once transparent, add mushrooms, carrots, red pepper and kale. Toss often, greens will relax and reduce a bit in size.
Once vegetables have heated through (cook as you would for stirfry, to heat but not make mushy), plate noodles on serving plates and top with vegetables. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions.