The Joy Of Melt And Pour Soap Crafting
Recommended for those of you with dark, oily hair, any texture. Rosemary is renowned for its ability to stimulate the circulation, hence its use for helping increase growth and its conditioning properties, as well as adding shine to brown or black hair. The distinctive scent of rosemary is similar to that of an evergreen. Lavender is an excellent additive for any type of hair and imparts a lovely floral aroma in addition to conditioning the hair and scalp.
- Alhena W. favorited Rosemary & Lavender Shampoo Bar 08 Jul 01:15
- Amber C. favorited Rosemary & Lavender Shampoo Bar 02 Oct 21:38
- aurora.e.soria favorited Rosemary & Lavender Shampoo Bar 02 Mar 20:03
- Meli B. favorited Rosemary & Lavender Shampoo Bar 28 Feb 13:43
- Meli B. added Rosemary & Lavender Shampoo Bar to Cosmetics & Toiletries 28 Feb 13:41
- Alecia B. favorited Rosemary & Lavender Shampoo Bar 23 Aug 07:03
- Phoenix M. favorited Rosemary & Lavender Shampoo Bar 26 Jun 00:21
- 02jhseaby added Rosemary & Lavender Shampoo Bar to cosmetics 08 Jun 17:13
- 02jhseaby favorited Rosemary & Lavender Shampoo Bar 08 Jun 17:13
- Jess W. favorited Rosemary & Lavender Shampoo Bar 24 Jan 16:06
Slice up soap base into small cubes and melt. Just before it's fully melted add colorant/additives. Stir well. Add fragrance. Pour into holds. Spritz away any bubbles with rubbing alcohol. Allow soap to harden in fridge, freezer, or remain at room temperature. Remove from holds. Make sure soap is at room temperature before wrapping. Wrap in cling wrap and label.
*Even though the dried rosemary leaves will last for years, it should be noted that after a few weeks the leaves will turn from green to brown. Also, when the shampoo bar is in use, a faint greenish hue occurs in the suds. Your hair won't turn green as the colour immediately washes away.
Label. Add the "About Shampoo Bars" and "Directions for Use" information if you plan on giving this to someone!
About Shampoo Bars:
Many people are unfamiliar with solid shampoo and mistake them for bars of soap, although they can certainly be used for that purpose. For those who dislike waste, you'll be happy to learn that solid shampoos contain mostly water and actually last longer than bottled shampoos. These are easier to add to your gym or travel bag. Shampoo bars lather just as well, if not better, than conventional shampoo.
Directions for Use:
Wet hair thoroughly.
When using any shampoo bar with an exfoliating ingredient such as rosemary, it's advisable to use the plain side of the shampoo first to cover the hair with lather. Then switch to the exfoliating side and massage your scalp gently in a circular motion. The lather will naturally increase. Rinse throughly and dry as usual.
Reports of fewer tangles and bouncier, fuller hair are common.