This quilted photo album is perfect for scraps and makes a great gift!
- Ambrosia_Photo_Album.pdf 343 KB [ Download ]
- Shannan G. added Quilted Photo Album Cover to Frida Kahlo Inspired Room 10 Jun 10:30
- Pimke added Quilted Photo Album Cover to Nähmuster 03 Mar 12:15
- Pimke added Quilted Photo Album Cover to Häckelmuster 03 Mar 12:15
- pandanomz favorited Quilted Photo Album Cover 08 Sep 14:48
- Prisha K. favorited Quilted Photo Album Cover 18 Apr 08:59
- trisha.howley favorited Quilted Photo Album Cover 24 Jul 22:07
- Charlotte H. favorited Quilted Photo Album Cover 07 Jun 00:54
- MultiMamiO'1 favorited Quilted Photo Album Cover 11 May 23:13
- Michelle S. added Quilted Photo Album Cover to Around The Home 11 May 03:24
- maya.magana added Quilted Photo Album Cover to <3 07 May 01:19
Use a 1/4" seam allowance unless otherwise noted.
1. Lay your album open so that the spine is flat
and measure its dimensions. My album was 15-3/4" wide x 9-3/8" long. (If your measure- ment is different, see the note below on resizing BEFORE you cut your fabric.) Add 1-3/4" to the width and 1-1/8" to the length. This will be the measurement of the pieced panel that you will quilt. Accordingly, the panel I quilted was 17-1/2" x 10-1/2".
Note on resizing: If your photo album is a different size add any additional height to pieces A and B. Add additional width to pieces B, C, and D.
2. Piece pieces E, F, and G together. Sew units to both sides of D.
3. Sew DEFG panel to C. Sew to B.
4. Sew A pieces to both sides of your center panel.
5. Place your muslin on the table. Spread your bat- ting over it.. Place your pieced unit on top. Pin. Quilt as desired. Go crazy and try some new patterns in different areas that you might not be willing to commit to on a full-sized quilt. Trim.
6. Trim your lining 3" narrower than your quilted piece. Place quilted piece on the table, right side up. Place ultrasuede on top of each side of the quilted piece, aligning short edges. Place lining on top, right side down, centering over the entire unit. (You'll be able to see a couple inches of ultrsuede on each edge.) Pin. Stitch with a 3/8" seam allowance all the way around album cover.
7. Turn your album cover right sides out through the gap between the lining and the ultrasuede, turning the ultrasuede to the lining side, and slip it onto your album to see how it fits. If it is a little loose, turn it inside-out again and stitch with a larger seam allowance.
8. Once you are satisfied with the fit, turn inside out and clip corners. Trim the areas with the ultra- suede down to between 1/8" and 1/4" to reduce bulk.
9. Turn right side out, press, and slip on your al- bum.
10. If the side of your album cover is pulling toward the outside, use an archival glue stick to glue the ultrasuede to the album cover to help achieve a clean look.
11. Enjoy your album!