This came from a school design project where the objective was to create something more useful and of more value out of an already existing object. The object used was a nine inch aluminium pie plate with a variation of other recycled objects that could be found around the home. This fragrance defuser is versatile as you can make many different flowers as well as frames and makes a very pretty and useful decoration for a small space like a bathroom or bedroom.
- Kaiulani W. favorited Mistifi Diy Fragrance Defuser 29 May 19:05
- Jen S. favorited Mistifi Diy Fragrance Defuser 02 Mar 19:44
- AlterEgo Designs added Mistifi Diy Fragrance Defuser to DIY The Room- Gotham's Selena Kyle 05 Feb 17:19
- Sally y. favorited Mistifi Diy Fragrance Defuser 20 Jul 01:18
- kkittyy †▲ k. favorited Mistifi Diy Fragrance Defuser 08 Mar 21:38
- Moira A. favorited Mistifi Diy Fragrance Defuser 01 Nov 21:00
- Jackie G. added Mistifi Diy Fragrance Defuser to Home Decorations 28 Jul 20:13
- Maura B. favorited Mistifi Diy Fragrance Defuser 19 Jul 07:35
- kym h. favorited Mistifi Diy Fragrance Defuser 16 May 02:32
- Dora favorited Mistifi Diy Fragrance Defuser 04 May 19:46
Now that the wire is bent choose a side of the wire and measure out approximately seven inches (depending on the width of the small glass you have available so measure accordingly) and bend. Take your small glass and wrap the seven inches of wire around the bottom of the ridge so that the bend and the end of the wire meet. You should now have a circle of wire that your glass slides into and sits nicely inside.
Cut your furniture coaster in two so that you have two half circles, remove the protective film and place the sticky side of each coaster to the bottom of your small glass candle holder making sure that the pieces are around a millimetre apart, this is so the candle holder can sit in the wire frame. Now you have your frame.
Cut out the bottom of the nine inch pie plate and flatten with the back of your scissors. With a maker draw flower a patten of your choice on the flattened plate making sure that you leave room in the centre for the oil to sit. Cut out flower with scissors and shape to fit the suspended cup. Fill the cup with water and the flower with oil and light the candle.