Who needs coloring books when you can accessorize!
Make fun colorful jewelry from colored pencils!
I love the way this stretchy bracelet turned out <3
With all the extra bits of pencil I had left I made a cute wire wrapped necklace, wire wrapped earrings and a charm for a second necklace!
The possibilities really are endless!
Have a good serrated knife or even better a hand saw! This took me forever because I couldn't find our hand saw :(
If I did this again I think I would position the pencils in a way that when I drilled into the the writing on the pencils would be on an opposite side from either hole. So when I put together the bracelet the are facing out. I had a few turn out this way unintentionally, and I really liked the look of it.
I used 1 inch tape, but you could use smaller tape, you'd just have to drill your holes a little closer.
- Leia B. favorited Colored Pencil Bracelet 19 Mar 03:12
- Emilia L. favorited Colored Pencil Bracelet 19 May 01:43
- Crafterella added Colored Pencil Bracelet to Gifts For Girls 10 Mar 20:56
- Penny L. favorited Colored Pencil Bracelet 28 Dec 22:25
- kay2003 favorited Colored Pencil Bracelet 27 Dec 19:47
- KaseeCoughdropp favorited Colored Pencil Bracelet 08 Oct 22:05
- KirbyBella added Colored Pencil Bracelet to Jewelry 03 Oct 07:11
- Christina C. favorited Colored Pencil Bracelet 23 Aug 04:57
- AnthemFlashback favorited Colored Pencil Bracelet 19 Aug 03:59
- CrazyCatCouple added Colored Pencil Bracelet to up-cycle 13 Jul 00:36
Arrange your pencils in the design you want, I did mine in a rainbow!
Then tape them together with the masking tape. Leave a tiny space in between the rows, where you cut the pencils.
I didn't use my black or brown pencils, so that when I strung them together on the braclet it would look like a continuous rainbow.
Use your cutting board! And cut your pencils into sets.
Then while they are still taped together drill two holes in each pencil. The masking tape will help keep them straight and it also helps you drill them all in about the same place.
Its ok if one or two break or they have off centered holes, just set those aside. You wont need every one to make a bracelet.
Take two sets of pencils, beads and two lenghts of stretchy string and start threadding your bracelet.
When you get all of them on the string, hold it up to your wrist and make sure it isnt going to fall off, you'll want it a little loose so it will fit over your hand.
Tie both ends of each string together. Add a few extra knots just to be safe. :D