Chocolate Toffee Bars
This was my first time making this recipe, the bars aren't too sweet, they have a nice light flavor to them.
- Evette R. favorited Chocolate Toffee Bars 18 Aug 00:46
- Laura entered her project Chocolate Toffee Bars to Alphabet Suitcase 17 Aug 20:31
- Suzi T. favorited Chocolate Toffee Bars 05 Aug 11:55
- marlene j. added Chocolate Toffee Bars to dessert 12 Jan 21:07
- Laura entered her project Chocolate Toffee Bars to Nostalgia Electrics Contest 21 Dec 05:47
- Joe W. favorited Chocolate Toffee Bars 02 Dec 08:55
- Laura entered her project Chocolate Toffee Bars to Pop Bakery 25 Aug 23:15
Preheat oven to 350 F
Beat the sugar and the butter in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks and vanilla, then stir in the flour and salt to make a soft dough.
Spread the dough in a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan. Level the surface. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, until lightly browned. The texture will be soft.
Remove from the oven and immediately place the chocolate squares on the hot base. Set aside until the chocolate softens, then spread it evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle with the chopped nuts.
While it's still warm, cut it into 2 x 1 1/2 inch bars, remove from the pan and let cool on a wire rack.