I found a book on weaving and found a large picture frame, some nails, some string, material, a couple of big dowels, and made this rug.
This is my first project posting, so I am sorry if I make mistakes.
The third picture shows the kind of aparatus that I used with my frame to weave my rugs. It has a different rug on it. I just hammered some nails about a half an inch apart on the top and the bottom ands of the frame, strung the strong string back and forth. Then I had found some neat material, ripped it into 2-3 inch wide strips. I started by weaving the srting over and under itself for a few inches, then used the strips of material and wove them in and out of the string, pounding or tamping them down with a piece of wood that I had. I tied the ends in knots. It took MANY hours to finish, but was worth every second.
The link below is for the string heddles that I used. If you make two sets of them and put them on the same strings but one set on top, and one set on bottom, it will be easier. This site has alot of information on weaving, I just like the versatility of the frame loom-the sizes are endless, and sometimes cheaper if gotten at garage sales or thrift stores!
- suzz2253 favorited Frame Loom Rag Rug 21 Jan 03:33
- suzz2253 added Frame Loom Rag Rug to Rugs 21 Jan 03:33
- Momma Is Learning favorited Frame Loom Rag Rug 25 Aug 07:50
- Debbie W. favorited Frame Loom Rag Rug 14 Apr 18:38
- Maria G. added Frame Loom Rag Rug to Rugs 19 Feb 15:03
- Jean T. favorited Frame Loom Rag Rug 30 Aug 13:14
- kitty.hyde favorited Frame Loom Rag Rug 27 Jul 18:17
Janie R. posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!