After seeing so many interesting versions of this idea, I decided to try it myself. I wasn't sure if this project would work knowing me, hah. So, I used an old pair of skinny jeans just in case something went wrong. But in the end, I was very happy with the result!
Gather all of your materials. It helps to have everything within reach.
I also went ahead and dampened my jeans, but this isn't required.
*Please note that I used a separate pair of jeans for this picture since I was a little ahead with my main pair.
I did not measure, but I filled the very bottom with water - just enough to submerge the surface of the bottom of the bucket. I followed it up with the bleach next, which will be slightly more in quantity than the water. And if you're paranoid like me, gloves will help in the next steps.
After that, I focus on the jeans. I did not have any rubberbands in the house, so I went ahead and rolled it up. I started with the very top of the jeans and began to roll them down.
...until you have a nice bundle. Then fold it in half.
Next, I placed them into my bucket. I pressed down once just to make sure the bleach would work its magic.
I checked back twenty minutes later, then flipped my jeans over. I took them out about fifteen minutes later and ran them through the washer and dryer ALONE.
And here was my end result.