New! Crafterella's new page, comic and Instax contest!
  1. Posted

Craft » Sewing

Couture Sewing...

Started · Last post · Displaying all 5 Post
    I'm looking to start incorporating a few couture sewing techniques into my projects. Anybody out there know of some (free) resources that'll teach me what I need to know.

Thanks for reading and responding,
    Nikell - Mod.s.t Fashions
  2. Posted
    Couture mainly means handsewn. Basically practice hand stitching like hand beading and hemming and embroidery and you'll get it.
  3. Posted
    If you have the opportunity you should try and look up the episode(s) or project runway were they did a couture challenge. It goes over some basics and I think it would be some good inspiration. I only know of one season where they did it, but I don't follow that show as closely as I should.
  4. Posted
    Thanks a lot ladies. I'll have to look into that. I'll do some searching on hand sewing etc. I know I need to learn that stuff anyway. The sewing machine makes me lazy lol.
  5. Posted
    To be honest, I almost prefer hand sewing to machine. If I can sit in front of the TV and hem a skirt by hand or embroider a dress by hand, I find myself far less frusterated than when I'm trying to get my machine to work the way I want it to.

Related Projects

Easy Elastic Dress

Easy Elastic Dress

so easy, it hurts!

♥ 1
Old Tee Into Rocking Jacket Patch

Old Tee Into Rocking Jacket Patch

wear those old tees of yours in a fresh, new way!

♥ 0
Poison Ivy Steampunk Top

Poison Ivy Steampunk Top

Steampunk Poison Ivy bra

♥ 0
A (Diy) Blast From The Past

A (Diy) Blast From The Past

Recreating a groovy blouse from days gone by...

♥ 1
Patchwork Scarf

Patchwork Scarf

Girl's guide to sewing

♥ 0
Slippers

Slippers

Girl's guide to sewing

♥ 1