1. Posted

Craft » Sewing

Couture Sewing...

Started · Last post · Displaying all 5 Post

I'm looking to start incorporating a few couture sewing techniques into my projects. Anybody out there know of some (free) resources that'll teach me what I need to know.

Thanks for reading and responding,
    Nikell - Mod.s.t Fashions

2. Posted

Couture mainly means handsewn. Basically practice hand stitching like hand beading and hemming and embroidery and you'll get it.

3. Posted

If you have the opportunity you should try and look up the episode(s) or project runway were they did a couture challenge. It goes over some basics and I think it would be some good inspiration. I only know of one season where they did it, but I don't follow that show as closely as I should.

4. Posted

Thanks a lot ladies. I'll have to look into that. I'll do some searching on hand sewing etc. I know I need to learn that stuff anyway. The sewing machine makes me lazy lol.

5. Posted

To be honest, I almost prefer hand sewing to machine. If I can sit in front of the TV and hem a skirt by hand or embroider a dress by hand, I find myself far less frusterated than when I'm trying to get my machine to work the way I want it to.

Related Projects

French Seams
Seams >

French Seams

Create neat, tidy French seams

♥ 0
Ironic Heart Pin

Ironic Heart Pin

Express your... apathy for Valentine's :D

♥ 0
Circle Skirt

Circle Skirt

Sew Fab

♥ 1
To Tie For

To Tie For

Empire line dress made from ties and an old vest.

♥ 0
Super Cozy Striped Cowl With Detachable Lining
Cowls >

Super Cozy Striped Cowl With Detachable Lining

The outer layer is a fuzzy knit cowl, while the inside is lined with super soft polar fleece for an extra layer of warmth. The two layers are connected by snap fasteners so that the polar fleece can be detached and thrown in the washing machine.

♥ 0
Felt Polyhedron Keychain

Felt Polyhedron Keychain

Add some fun to your key ring :)

♥ 1