Inspired by comets, space, stars and nebulae.
Original idea from Chelsea Ann Designs: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chelsea-Ann-Designs/161069153905960
Also posted to my deviantArt: http://raincloudriot.deviantart.com/art/Space-Shoes-with-tutorial-195456170
- Siphokazi G. favorited Space Shoes 17 Apr 16:49
- Brian L. favorited Space Shoes 23 Sep 05:45
- Silas W. favorited Space Shoes 19 Aug 06:58
- tiedyedowl favorited Space Shoes 02 Jul 15:02
- Meredith T. favorited Space Shoes 29 Jun 03:03
- Kinhime Dragon added Space Shoes to alter 09 May 00:44
- Kinhime Dragon added Space Shoes to The crafts I've done 12 Jan 15:10
- Kinhime Dragon added Space Shoes to things to make 09 Jan 21:40
- jayc456 favorited Space Shoes 18 Dec 06:09
- lululilacdoll entered her project Space Shoes to Crown & Glory 02 Aug 07:55
Tape up the soles of the shoes so you don't get paint on them. Remove the laces and paint on a layer of the darkest blue paint.
Wait for it to dry a bit, then dry brush your middle shade of blue on in patches; the messier the better.
(Note: Some people prefer to use small pieces of tissue for this part.)
Repeat step two with your lightest shade of blue, then use a skewer to dot on the stars. I used a mixture of white and silver for these.
If you'd like to have the comets dot on some of your star mixture and gradually make the circle bigger, then drag the paint backwards.
While I was waiting for my shoes to dry I painted the ends of the laces and the holes they go through gold to make them pop a bit more.
Remove your masking tape and viola - you now have your very own space shoes!