Transform a long skirt into an flowy skirt and mini skirt!
This project was EXTREMELY simple. It only requires knowing how to sew a hem and how to insert elastic for an elastic waist band. All it is is simply cutting a skirt in half to make two smaller, but different skirts.
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mcm3760
My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/RachelsCraftChannel?ref=hl
- Xfluffy_unitatoX favorited One Long Skirt Into Two Skirts 20 Nov 00:02
- Chudames favorited One Long Skirt Into Two Skirts 19 Nov 19:43
- Barjaa B. added One Long Skirt Into Two Skirts to DIYS 27 Jun 19:58
- Abbey S. favorited One Long Skirt Into Two Skirts 18 May 16:34
- Craffy added One Long Skirt Into Two Skirts to Recrear 29 Mar 17:23
- Alissa B. favorited One Long Skirt Into Two Skirts 13 Mar 06:50
- Rachel's Craft Channel published her project One Long Skirt Into Two Skirts 12 Mar 04:46
Step 1: Cut the skirt in half so you get two skirts out of it. If the skirt is really long you may have to trim some of the middle out.
Step 2: For the top skirt, I only had to hem it because it already had a waistband.
Step 3: Fold the top of the lower skirt over twice, making a hem that's wide enough to insert elastic into. Leave an opening so you can string the elastic through with a safety pin, sew the ends of it together, and sew up the opening.