Protect your iPad Mini with in lovely case with a simple leather strap.
This pattern is for creating a mini iPad sleeve. This can also be customized to fit a standard iPad by increasing the foundation chain and final number of rows.
- Alison I. added I Pad Mini Sleeve to Crochet projects 06 Sep 17:57
- Lycette L. favorited I Pad Mini Sleeve 21 Aug 20:42
- marian.dameier favorited I Pad Mini Sleeve 04 Aug 03:29
- Sarah C. favorited I Pad Mini Sleeve 28 Jul 00:48
- heather r. added I Pad Mini Sleeve to To-make list 07 Jul 19:26
- puking_glitter favorited I Pad Mini Sleeve 05 Jul 22:34
- lydia a. favorited I Pad Mini Sleeve 04 Jul 13:01
- Sanne M. favorited I Pad Mini Sleeve 30 Jun 16:15
- Crafterella featured I Pad Mini Sleeve 23 Jun 11:27
- Gladys P. favorited I Pad Mini Sleeve 23 Jun 01:45
Abbreviation used in this pattern include the chain stitch (ch), slip stitch (ss), and double crochet stitch (dc). This pattern is in US terms. A 4m crochet hook was used, and I Love This Yarn in Sungold was the yarn I chose.
Round 1: ch 36. ss into first ch making sure to not twist your foundation chain. ch 2.
Rounds 2-12: dc around. ss into first dc. ch 2.
Round 13: dc around. ss into first dc.
Now we need to join the bottom of your sleeve with slip stitches all the way across. Bring your sleeve together at the last row you made, and insert your hook into the first dc you just ss into. Insert your hook into the dc directly behind it and ss. ss across using the same technique, and fasten off.
Attach your strip of leather by punching holes on the edges of about 1/3 of the piece using your tapestry needle (make sure to get one with a sharp pointed end). Use your smaller needle and thread to attach 1/3 of the strip to the back side of the sleeve’s opening. Use scissors or an x-acto knife to cut a slit on the opposite end for the size of your button. Align your button on the front of your sleeve with the slit made on the leather and sew in place.