How to do your own beehive
If you ever look online for how to's on beehive hairstyles, you'll find a lot of demonstrations by stylists on models. It is difficult to transpose those processes to style your own hair.
I finally found a tutorial for how to do your own beehive. I was shocked at how easy it was!
I do not have photos of the process, but I think I can explain it well enough.
You will need medium length hair or longer. THe more hair you have, the higher you can make your beehive!
- Crafterella added Diy 1950's Beehive Hairdo to Audrey Hepburn 29 Apr 12:22
- Marielle S. favorited Diy 1950's Beehive Hairdo 23 Jun 16:08
- Millie H. added Diy 1950's Beehive Hairdo to Cosmetics and nails 26 Mar 00:11
- koalala o. added Diy 1950's Beehive Hairdo to Hair Styling 24 Mar 05:04
- DrArtGirl favorited Diy 1950's Beehive Hairdo 04 Jan 18:22
- Hannah S. favorited Diy 1950's Beehive Hairdo 10 Oct 05:38
- mochuelita favorited Diy 1950's Beehive Hairdo 16 Sep 23:09
First take a section of the front of your hair about 2 inches from your hairline. Make sure to also get some hair from the sides, above the ears. Just clip this out of your way. You will use it at the end to cover and smooth the teased hair.
Put the remaining hair in a high ponytail (on top of your head if possible)
Take sections of hair in the ponytail and back comb and tease it. Do this until all of the hair in the ponytail is ratted and teased. Your should hve a large cloud of hair on top of your head at this point.
Remember that hair you had clipped out of your way? We need it now. Take about half of the front part and pullit up over the ratted part. twist the end under and bobbypin into the beehive. Pull the sides up over the beehive and pin them into place.
The last little bit of hair left in the front can be left down or pulle up into the beehive for a more polished look.
Add a head band if desired. It looks cool with or without.
Note: You may want to use hairspray. The girl in the tutorial I saw did not use any! When I did it I used a ton. I think the hairspray makes it easier.