It goes against my natural urge to buy more - but somethings gotta give!
My daughter decided she didn't like overhead hoodies anymore.
Trial and error (on one of my old hoodies) led to this method, cutting first means it is difficult to match up the sides, especially if there is a design or pocket!
Just realised the zip is wonky but that is due to my straight line ability (or inability)rather than anything else.
Afraid I didn't take any photos but I'll explain the steps!
Maybe when I do her pink one I'll remember!
My first how-to so be kind!
So just done the pink hoodie (sorry no pics it's already being worn!)- marked a sewing line this time so no wonky zip HURRAY!
- Barb S. commented on Convert An Overhead Hoodie To A Zip Up 20 Mar 02:38
- Barb S. commented on Convert An Overhead Hoodie To A Zip Up 20 Mar 02:37
- Barb S. commented on Convert An Overhead Hoodie To A Zip Up 20 Mar 02:35
- rebecca i. added Convert An Overhead Hoodie To A Zip Up to new projects 10 Feb 03:31
- Tyra P. favorited Convert An Overhead Hoodie To A Zip Up 06 Oct 06:25
Measure your hoody. Remember it stretches.
This one measured 20 inches, but stretched to 22" so I bought a 22" open-ended zip.
Had to go for white - but feel free to match!
Turn hoodie inside out.
Mark centre line where you're going to attach the zip.
Using zipper foot attach the zip.
Streching as you go
Turn hoodie right way out.
Cut up through the channel between the 2 lines of stitching.
Enjoy wearing your hoodie without messing your hair!