Make a miniature terrarium necklace using a tiny bottle, moss, and a crystal.
This tiny terrarium necklace is the perfect way to carry a little bit of nature around with you wherever you go. And if you don't have a green thumb, don't worry. Since the moss is preserved you can't kill it.
This project is also very adaptable. If you can fit it through the top of your bottle, it can be part of your terrarium. The only challenge is finding small enough items.
- vanessa r. favorited Tiny Terrarium Necklace 26 Jun 03:51
- pittysoares commented on Tiny Terrarium Necklace 15 Jun 19:44
- pittysoares favorited Tiny Terrarium Necklace 15 Jun 19:42
- Crafterella added Tiny Terrarium Necklace to Regina Spektor 11 Jun 12:44
- natasha macgregor silva favorited Tiny Terrarium Necklace 26 May 14:16
- Spookachtige favorited Tiny Terrarium Necklace 27 Apr 13:22
- Maxine M. added Tiny Terrarium Necklace to To-make list 19 Apr 04:42
- Chenna H. favorited Tiny Terrarium Necklace 23 Jan 04:11
- kayla m. favorited Tiny Terrarium Necklace 09 Jan 21:17
- arina m. favorited Tiny Terrarium Necklace 09 Jan 02:07
Gather your materials! Here are some notes about some of the materials:
Tiny glass bottle -Mine is 1.5 inches tall, not including the stopper, but there are some similar ones on Amazon <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002RYKJNA/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0042ACTDU&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1EH737K8VNK77SF7A90X">here</a> and <a href="http://www.amazon.com/MINIATURE-GLASS-BOTTLE-FLASK-STOPPER/dp/B003LD5V48/ref=pd_sim_misc2">here</a>.
Tiny crystals that fit in your bottle -Mine are leftovers from the batch of "diamantina lasers" I bought <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Diamatina-Laser-Wands-Needle-Quartz/dp/B00409S22U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&m=A2RMF4S5OLFSE5&s=generic&qid=1318516317&sr=1-2">here</a>, but only a few out of the 20 crystals were small enough to fit in my bottle.
Pebbles or sand – I used gravel chips that I found outside, and I crushed them with a hammer to get them small enough.
1. Put a layer of pebbles in the bottom of your bottle.
2. Add a tiny piece of dried moss. You can use a toothpick to help arrange it.
3. Add a crystal. Use the toothpick or tweezers to put it where you want it.
4. Put the cork in, and if your bottle doesn’t have metal loops, add them with wire.
5. String a chain through the wire loops.
6. Wear your lovely new necklace!