One of a kind handmade rose =]
I say boutonniere in the title because I made it for my prom date, but this could easily be altered to make a corsage, or just any kind of decorative flower.
Also, I used sheet music (because it matches my dress quite well), but have fun with different colors and mediums =]
I was inspired to make this by the beauty of a natural rose in full bloom, and I googled many a photo, like the second one above, while making my more permanent version.
- Millie P. favorited Paper Rose Boutonniere 08 Nov 22:38
- christine.anderson.3386 favorited Paper Rose Boutonniere 26 Sep 00:07
- nina.eriksen.90834 added Paper Rose Boutonniere to To-make 17 Sep 23:14
- Rose K. favorited Paper Rose Boutonniere 19 Aug 01:51
- Cath C. added Paper Rose Boutonniere to Paper crafts 12 Aug 05:50
- natasha.barclay.15 added Paper Rose Boutonniere to Cool Stuff 10 Aug 20:56
- jessica.boulanger.10 favorited Paper Rose Boutonniere 10 Jul 00:28
- Agnes S. added Paper Rose Boutonniere to Accessories 14 Jun 22:48
- Agnes S. added Paper Rose Boutonniere to Clothing 14 Jun 22:47
- diana.aguirre.713 favorited Paper Rose Boutonniere 14 May 20:41
To start out, you'll need a bunch of kind of heart shaped pieces of paper. I used about 10.
Note: for the first, innermost petal, skip all the curling around the knitting needle and wrap it directly around the stem.
Curl the tips around a knitting needle
And wrap it lengthwise across the needle to form a valley
Wrap the petal around a floral tape wrapped wire stem, and secure it in place. I'm using duct tape in this photo, but floral tape and hot glue are good options too.
Ta-da! There you have it-- your one of a kind handmade rose =]