this is a version of an original i saw on etsy it is absolutely beautiful you can see it using the link below.
this is a fairly simple project to do, it just takes a little time to let it bake and then for the paint and glaze to dry. i only put that its reasonably priced because it is to buy all of the initial materials you need, buy you can make a ton really quick. but have fun and i hope you like this tutorial, its my first one!
- harley r. added Corset Heart Pendant to Harley Quinn 11 Aug 19:52
- mmotse03 favorited Corset Heart Pendant 07 May 02:41
- Corinne S. favorited Corset Heart Pendant 13 Jan 21:30
- Shaneece M. favorited Corset Heart Pendant 10 Dec 04:37
- DocDoolittle added Corset Heart Pendant to Polymer Clay 16 Sep 15:51
- Taylor P. favorited Corset Heart Pendant 14 Jul 21:40
- Cuá»“ng P. favorited Corset Heart Pendant 14 Jul 15:01
- Danielle C. favorited Corset Heart Pendant 09 Jul 09:47
- Tweety13 added Corset Heart Pendant to crafts not clothes 03 Jul 02:18
- rayna.yu.1 favorited Corset Heart Pendant 26 Jun 20:24
gather supplies for first part:
glaze (nail polish for me on this 1)
knead the clay in your hand for about a minute to make it easier to use and roll about a quarter inch thick.
cut out the heart and mark with a pin or something small where you want the rings to be and so you get them matched up right, i didnt do it so straight on this one, but you get the point.
insert the jump rings with the seam into the clay, you dont want it showing it wont look as good, and put them in at a sort of angle so theyre not just sitting in there straight up.
use something to push the edges of the clay down over the rings to secure them in place, like a pencil tip or something. dont worry if its ugly you'll paint that later. and insert the two eyepins in the top as shown.
now bake according to manufacturers directions...be sure to let cool when out of the oven, for like five minutes or so.
gather supplies for second part:
2 jump rings
when the heart is cool out of the oven, you want to take the eye pins out and put a little super glue on the post of them and then re insert to make sure they wont come out later.
sorry it switched to blue here, i did them on seperate days and didnt realize i took my pics of different ones.
paint the edges black and a little onto the top of the heart all the way around like so.
now dilute some paint in the water.
paint with the diluted paint around the heart as you like. let dry.
using my nail polish i 'glazed' the heart, its easier with nail polish because the drying time is really quick, as opposed to clear polyurethane that i used to use.
finally, add the two jump rings on the top and lace it up with the ribbon and tie a bow and viola! i usually add a little guper glie in some inconspicuous plsaces to hold the bow together so it wont just fall apart.
well, there it is, i hope you all like it!! and happy crafting to you!