red riding hood's outfit is completed by a wolf-skin hat
I wanted to make my red riding hood costume I bit more Halloween-appropriate so instead of the huntsman saving the day I thought Little Red could be the blood thirsty heroine...! I added a handmade felt wolf 'head' to a reasonably cheap fur hat. Topped off with a fake blood clay brooch, I think it'll go nicely with my red cape!
- clarisse.cramer favorited Big Bad Wolf Hat 25 May 19:45
- choco s. favorited Big Bad Wolf Hat 12 Feb 11:10
- Uguu17 favorited Big Bad Wolf Hat 22 Dec 13:40
- Iris K. favorited Big Bad Wolf Hat 17 Nov 16:15
- Anna W. favorited Big Bad Wolf Hat 06 Nov 01:51
- Kalishino favorited Big Bad Wolf Hat 05 Oct 21:46
- Shantelle t. added Big Bad Wolf Hat to something i'd like to try 02 Oct 00:35
- kiddo favorited Big Bad Wolf Hat 20 Aug 18:02
- Zombie Babe favorited Big Bad Wolf Hat 03 Aug 01:38
- Heather B. favorited Big Bad Wolf Hat 28 Jul 03:09
Design a template for your wolfs head. I based mine on an i-pad sleeve I found online by boutiqueID. Cut out the paper templates and place on felt. Cut out your felt pieces.
I stuffed the nose and upper head of my wolf with old tights, and as I stiched it together I attached the side 'whiskers' and fangs.
I glued on the eyes and eyebrows,and then attached to the hat with safety pins. For the ears I repeated the steps above, and attached to the top of the hat with safety pins...!
For the blood splatter brooch I moulded red modelling clay into a splodge shape and then created tear drop shapes. Make sure you make a holes with a needle in the main shape (to attach a safety pin and to attach the drops) and make a hole in each of the little drops. Bake in the oven and then string together with invisible wire when cooled.