red riding hood's outfit is completed by a wolf-skin hat
I wanted to make my red riding hood costume I bit more Halloween-appropriate so instead of the huntsman saving the day I thought Little Red could be the blood thirsty heroine...! I added a handmade felt wolf 'head' to a reasonably cheap fur hat. Topped off with a fake blood clay brooch, I think it'll go nicely with my red cape!
- Key West Witch added Big Bad Wolf Hat to Top Hats, Witch Hats, Hats & Fascinater’s 30 Jun 14:37
- Barbara M. favorited Big Bad Wolf Hat 05 Aug 14:05
- Mythiko Ino favorited Big Bad Wolf Hat 11 Jan 22:11
- Tina T. added Big Bad Wolf Hat to slouchy 11 Mar 05:30
- Tina T. favorited Big Bad Wolf Hat 11 Mar 05:30
- Rebecca V. favorited Big Bad Wolf Hat 09 Aug 01:38
- Conner W. added Big Bad Wolf Hat to fashion 13 Feb 14:37
- kzk favorited Big Bad Wolf Hat 28 Nov 18:01
- Emma H. favorited Big Bad Wolf Hat 31 Oct 22:36
- Mariposa favorited Big Bad Wolf Hat 11 Jul 21:09
Design a template for your wolfs head. I based mine on an i-pad sleeve I found online by boutiqueID. Cut out the paper templates and place on felt. Cut out your felt pieces.
I stuffed the nose and upper head of my wolf with old tights, and as I stiched it together I attached the side 'whiskers' and fangs.
I glued on the eyes and eyebrows,and then attached to the hat with safety pins. For the ears I repeated the steps above, and attached to the top of the hat with safety pins...!
For the blood splatter brooch I moulded red modelling clay into a splodge shape and then created tear drop shapes. Make sure you make a holes with a needle in the main shape (to attach a safety pin and to attach the drops) and make a hole in each of the little drops. Bake in the oven and then string together with invisible wire when cooled.