My Chic Cheat ode to Balmain’s Spring/Summer ‘10 collection – on the double!
- Colette Z. favorited Bal Mania 30 May 18:51
- Zombie Babe added Bal Mania to new wardrobe 03 Oct 10:19
- zoegirl221 added Bal Mania to cosplay 15 Sep 20:04
- Nowsy favorited Bal Mania 06 Apr 17:29
- OH! Its the Domo :3 favorited Bal Mania 25 Feb 02:22
- elarablair favorited Bal Mania 23 Feb 18:15
- cristinakilljoyway favorited Bal Mania 03 Jan 13:21
- Annika G. favorited Bal Mania 09 Nov 00:52
- Ingeborg T. favorited Bal Mania 02 Nov 16:34
- LexyRobledo added Bal Mania to Tops/Blouses 19 Sep 23:22
...and four of the following in gold lamé.
Place your wadding on top of a piece of lamé, in the centre, so that you have 1cm’s seam allowance all round. Then place another piece of lamé on top, mirroring the first, so that the wadding is in the centre and sandwiched between the two layers.
Stitch the two layers of lamé together, 1cm from the edge, ideally by machine. You can do it by hand, but make sure it’s tight and secure.
Repeat this process with the remaining piece of wadding and two pieces of lamé.
Cut away some of the excess fabric around the edge
Cut out two sets of 40cm of your fringing and fold them back on each other, so that you have two double-thickness sets of fringe 20cm in length.
Cut out as many 15cm pieces as possible out of your gold and brown leather string. Glue or stitch down at fairly regular intervals along your fringing.
When your glue has dried, stitch the top of your decorated fringing along the wide, round end of each of your epaulettes.