So I am currently on this South Beach Diet and I did not have any carbs for the past 2 weeks. I have been eating eggs almost every single morning for breakfast. Now that I've reached phase 2, I can finally re-introduce one serving of carbs or fruits. Iâ€™ve been very excited about making this for breakfast because itâ€™s not bread and itâ€™s not eggs. Something different and something I have not eaten for so long. Pancakes!!! And this recipe only requires as simple as ricotta cheese and eggs! Gluten free and Low carbs!
I also made some strawberry sauce the night before to prepare for this breakfast. I left it in the fridge overnight so that the next morning Iâ€™ll have chilled strawberry sauce to use on my hot pancakes.
By the way, I only used 4 strawberries for the sauce, that means I still can consume 2 more to make one serving of fruits of the day. YEAH!
Not to mention, I can finally use my Winne the Pooh Frying Pan that I bought long time ago at the Night Market! Everything sounds so perfect. I love it~
Ingredients for Pancakes:
2 Large eggs
1/4 cup of low fat ricotta cheese
1/4 tsp of sweeteners
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of vanilla extract
Makes 4 small or 2 large pancakes.
Instructions for Pancakes:
1. Beat egg until fluffy and blend all ingredients together until smooth.
2. Spray pan with cooking spray and pour mixture to pan. Distribute it evenly like you would do your omelette in medium-low heat.
3. When the mixture is no longer runny at the surface, carefully flip to the other side and brown for 2 minutes.
4. Serve with strawberry sauce.
Ingredients for Strawberry Sauce:
4 Strawberries, diced
4 tbsp of water
1/2 tsp of sweetener
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
Instructions for strawberry sauce (to be prepared the night before):
1. Wash strawberries, remove stems. Dice 2 of them into tiny pieces and slice the remaining.
2. Place diced strawberries into a bowl and set the remaining slices aside.
3. Mash strawberries in the bowl and pour in sauce pan. Add sweetener, water and cook over medium heat until mixture is boiling.
4. Allow to boil for 1 minute or until sauce begins to thicken. Stir constantly while cooking.
5. Mash strawberries while cooking. If mixture is too thick, add a little more water and stir again until reach desired thickness.
6. Let cool overnight and serve with remaining strawberry slices.