A South Beach diet friendly alternative from toast and eggs for breakfast!
So I am currently on this South Beach Diet and I did not have any carbs for the past 2 weeks. I have been eating eggs almost every single morning for breakfast. Now that I've reached phase 2, I can finally re-introduce one serving of carbs or fruits. I’ve been very excited about making this for breakfast because it’s not bread and it’s not eggs. Something different and something I have not eaten for so long. Pancakes!!! And this recipe only requires as simple as ricotta cheese and eggs! Gluten free and Low carbs!
I also made some strawberry sauce the night before to prepare for this breakfast. I left it in the fridge overnight so that the next morning I’ll have chilled strawberry sauce to use on my hot pancakes.
By the way, I only used 4 strawberries for the sauce, that means I still can consume 2 more to make one serving of fruits of the day. YEAH!
Not to mention, I can finally use my Winne the Pooh Frying Pan that I bought long time ago at the Night Market! Everything sounds so perfect. I love it~
- Naomii<33 added Winnie The Pooh Low Carb Pancakes With Strawberry Sauce to kan dr mee door 28 Oct 10:52
- Rachel D. favorited Winnie The Pooh Low Carb Pancakes With Strawberry Sauce 09 Dec 13:37
- Alisonoentoro favorited Winnie The Pooh Low Carb Pancakes With Strawberry Sauce 02 Oct 01:04
Ingredients for Pancakes:
2 Large eggs
1/4 cup of low fat ricotta cheese
1/4 tsp of sweeteners
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of vanilla extract
Makes 4 small or 2 large pancakes.
Instructions for Pancakes:
1. Beat egg until fluffy and blend all ingredients together until smooth.
3. When the mixture is no longer runny at the surface, carefully flip to the other side and brown for 2 minutes.
4. Serve with strawberry sauce.
Instructions for strawberry sauce (to be prepared the night before):
1. Wash strawberries, remove stems. Dice 2 of them into tiny pieces and slice the remaining.
2. Place diced strawberries into a bowl and set the remaining slices aside.
3. Mash strawberries in the bowl and pour in sauce pan. Add sweetener, water and cook over medium heat until mixture is boiling.
4. Allow to boil for 1 minute or until sauce begins to thicken. Stir constantly while cooking.
5. Mash strawberries while cooking. If mixture is too thick, add a little more water and stir again until reach desired thickness.