At first I had my dukey-green cargo pants that had a tear in the knee, bleach stains on the bottom of the pants legs, and to top it off...they were too short. So I cut them just above the knee, then I used a seam ripper to take a part the stitching in the inner part of the pants leg, afterwards I sew together (with my sewing machine) some flowery material that I found and the inner pants leg in the front...then the back.
When I looked at it...I saw how much shorter it was than in my imagination..So I added some more material (a strip) and sewed it onto the bottom and some leftover pants-leg.
And then....Ta-Dah!!! My cute "Cargo-Skirt" was born :)