Ring Storage-Make it before Buy it-Sweater Surgery Style
My personal manifesto:
When I need something, I think first, can I make it instead of just going out and buying it?
Here is an example.
I have been acquiring quite a few rings lately and they are not stored in an organized way. My first thought is- go out and buy a ring storage box. But then I stop myself and say, "can I make it?" and yes I can!
I look around all my saved treasures, the things I fall in love with and keep with the thought, "I can use that for something." Well that day has come baby!
I have tons of cigar boxes, both cardboard and wood. I can't help myself I am nuts for boxes.
And I have tons of wool felted sweaters, but you already know that!
So here is what I did:
- Lisa L. favorited Ring Storage 01 Nov 15:33
- iona.mccubbin added Ring Storage to fave things 21 Sep 15:19
- mochacat favorited Ring Storage 03 Sep 23:25
- isalop1 added Ring Storage to Cosas de Joyería 11 Jun 01:22
- isalop1 favorited Ring Storage 11 Jun 01:21
- C.Rami favorited Ring Storage 10 May 00:14
- cat.mocha favorited Ring Storage 27 Apr 22:47
- GiftedDiva24 added Ring Storage to Diy Art & Crafts 18 Apr 12:58
- GiftedDiva24 favorited Ring Storage 18 Apr 12:57
- Lee Rose added Ring Storage to makeup 14 Apr 20:58
I went to the stashes and pulled out one pretty blue and gold cigar box and a coordinating blue wool felted sweater. This one was pretty thick so it worked well. I think if you were using a thinner sweater you could fuse two layers together to thicken them.
I then cut pieces of the sweater the width of the inside of the box.
I accordion folded each section at about one inch and hot glued the folds on the underside and ends.
Ta-da! One ring display box. An added feature of this little creation is that it is a bit of "covert ops". Who would ever think of looking for jewelry in a cigar box? Certainly not as obvious a choice a standard jewelry box for su