Reversible bag tutorial
The free PDF pattern for this bag is available to download in my site. You can also use Charlie bag pattern from Burdastyle.com.
Please go to the link below for my PDF pattern.
- Aishwarya Purohit favorited Reversible Bag 22 Nov 04:57
- elizabeth.lares favorited Reversible Bag 21 Nov 01:56
- sylvia g. favorited Reversible Bag 30 Jun 23:21
- nao.tsushima favorited Reversible Bag 27 Jun 08:06
- CraftyCat added Reversible Bag to Sewing 17 Jun 18:01
- imer favorited Reversible Bag 26 May 22:05
- marilyn.steckly added Reversible Bag to Free Sewing Patterns 20 Apr 22:36
- marilyn.steckly favorited Reversible Bag 20 Apr 22:35
- lisa.bentz.bell favorited Reversible Bag 15 Apr 17:45
- Lexi H. favorited Reversible Bag 15 Apr 04:44
Here is 4 pieces of fabrics after being cut. We’re gonna refer them as set A and set B. If you want pockets, sew them before going to the next step.
Sew the bottom and sides of each set. My bag has a rounded bottom and a dart, Charlie bag has straight edges.
If you use my pattern, sew the darts before sewing the bottom and sides of bag.
Put set B in set A, right sides together, and sew around the straps. Stop stitching about 20 cm before the tops of the straps. If your machine has reverse stitch, use it on each end of stitchings to secure it.
Clip rounded corners.
Turn the right sides out through one of the straps.
It will be a bit difficult at first and you’re gonna wonder if you’re doing it right, but just keep doing it. You will feel a thug and after that the bag will turn right sides out smoothly.
Pull out each of the remaining straps.
Look! You almost have a bag!
Sew the straps of each set together.I often sew the straps absent-mindedly and then found out that I've attached them wrong!
So please make sure that you sew each strap to the strap beside it, NOT the strap that is in front of it.
Press the seams open. Fold seam allowances on straps and press.
Also press edges of bag to make it easier for topstitching.
Match the tops seams together and pin all open edges of straps. You can also use fusible tapes to make sure it is neat. But I will use pins here.
Topstitch all edges of bag. I use different colour thread for the bobbin.
A reversible bag!