Refashion: Obi Style Belt Made From a Silk Scarf
- Aurelie L. added Obi Style Belt to Accessoires 14 Mar 20:25
- Sarah W. favorited Obi Style Belt 31 Dec 00:08
- amanda.shillito favorited Obi Style Belt 13 Dec 17:13
- Koi K. favorited Obi Style Belt 02 Dec 15:16
- Amanda B. favorited Obi Style Belt 13 Oct 00:21
- Sherry J. favorited Obi Style Belt 31 Aug 21:28
- Zombie Babe favorited Obi Style Belt 04 Aug 08:31
- greenstyle added Obi Style Belt to Sewing 13 Jul 04:55
- z0mbie_queen favorited Obi Style Belt 29 May 16:28
- Empress Black added Obi Style Belt to DIY Accessories 27 May 05:07
You Will Need
Fold down the ends of the base fabric to form points. Iron and hand tack.
Draw a line down the center of base fabric piece.
Hand stitch one edge of scarf to back of base fabric along center line as shown.
pin down and hand stitch remaining edge (stitch through into base fabric).
Fold over, iron, and hand stitch down ends of scarf into points. Stitch through into base fabric for stability.
Determine the best location for the ties by trying on the belt and safety pinning the ties in place. Experiment until you are happy with the look. Hand stitch down the ties (go all the way through all layers of fabric to back side for strength).
Done! Other advice: Press as you go for a clean sharp edge.