A pocket you can use for a special message to someone who makes your heart flutter!
There are a lot of heart designs in origami. There are even other designs for hearts with wings! This is my version, a simple model that uses both sides of the paper to make the wings and the heart different colors. I did include one twist: a pocket you can use for a special message to someone who makes your heart flutter!
Use paper that has different colors on each side. A 10" (25.5cm) square was used for the larger heart shown at left, which makes for a great valentine! Of course you can fold it smaller—4" (10cm) or 5" (12.5cm)—to affix on a greeting card.
© 2014 Sok Song / Potter Craft · Reproduced with permission.
- Amy D. favorited Message Heart With Wings 07 Nov 03:54
- Dianita C. favorited Message Heart With Wings 29 Aug 02:26
- Lee B. favorited Message Heart With Wings 18 Aug 03:13
- Prisha K. added Message Heart With Wings to pri 14 Apr 07:28
- Kacie B. favorited Message Heart With Wings 13 Apr 04:31
- Joe B. favorited Message Heart With Wings 09 Apr 04:55
- harley r. favorited Message Heart With Wings 16 Feb 00:04
- Shenanigans favorited Message Heart With Wings 14 Feb 03:35
- Hazel S. added Message Heart With Wings to <3 07 Feb 20:00
- kieeeera_ favorited Message Heart With Wings 01 Feb 11:42
Start with the Water- bomb Base, white side out. Unfold to a square.
Fold the top corners to the center.
Collapse into a Water- bomb Base, keeping the folds from step 2.
On the front layer, fold the top corner to the bottom.
Fold the top corners down. Unfold.
a Inside reverse fold the top corners. Flip over.
Fold the top to the bottom.
On the front layer, fold the left and right sides in.
Note: This fold should run corner to corner. The edges will not line up with the center triangle.
Fold the bottom edge up.
On the front layer, fold in half, bottom to top.
Unfold back to the beginning of step 9.
On the top flap, pleat the previously folded section into eighths.
Note: You have already divided the wings into quarters, so this is only 4 new folds. I recom- mend starting this step with the valley fold on the bottom and working your way up.
a On the front layer, fold the wings up. Flip over.
Note: The back layer will fold up, too.
Gently open the pleats to expand the wings.
FINISHED MESSAGE HEART WITH WINGS!