An Easy Knitting Project - Great for Kids and Adults That Like Cool Stuff
I have been wanting to make a friendship bracelet for the longest time. Couldn't get the hang of it.
Then I saw someone finger knitting and figured I could do the same thing on a round loom. ... A Spool Loom to be exact.
- Jax L. favorited Knit Friendship Bracelet 22 Jul 19:28
- Kriszta I. favorited Knit Friendship Bracelet 06 Feb 13:26
- Namie Y. favorited Knit Friendship Bracelet 23 Nov 17:02
- Lady-Loki favorited Knit Friendship Bracelet 12 Nov 09:27
- cheryl.palmquist.7 favorited Knit Friendship Bracelet 09 Oct 19:17
- mousepoo favorited Knit Friendship Bracelet 03 May 23:11
- neko g. favorited Knit Friendship Bracelet 29 Apr 05:00
- anemona favorited Knit Friendship Bracelet 12 Apr 18:53
- emily b. added Knit Friendship Bracelet to To-make list 08 Apr 01:03
- Hannah E. favorited Knit Friendship Bracelet 07 Apr 20:47
NOTE: If you prefer a video tutorial visit my website....
Measure your wrist with a measuring tape. Now do the math - You will need to knit 6 rows for every inch.
Make a knot with 4 strands of floss. You will use them as if the were 1.
Place the knot on a peg
Wrap all 5 pegs with the floss. Push the floss (yarn) down to almost the bottom of the pegs.
Take the working yarn (floss) and place in front of the pegs with out wrapping around
You should see 2 rows of yarn (8 strands in total) on each peg
With the hook pull the bottom strands over the top and behind the peg. Repeat this for each peg
This will leave you with one rows of strands (4 strands in total) on each peg.
Although this is your first row -it will be loose so don't count it as a row
Place the working yarn (floss) over the pegs and repeat the knitting process until you have knitting all the necessary rows (based on your math)
End you loom knitting with the gathering method on the working end. Note that the bracelet will look short. For the other end - Push the loose knitting down into the open hole of your bracelet and sew the hole shut.
Put the big bead on the ends - See the picture. Use the yarn hook to push the bracelet ends into the beads. Add some glue into the bead opening.
Add the small beads and make a knot on the ends.
You are Done