this really easy DIY top from an charity shop find. i also have a tutorial on how to make the skirt too!
i had a photoshoot with a model showcasing my designs check out my blog
please check out my youtube at chantellefashionPosted by Chantelle fashion from United Kingdom • Published August 26, 2013 • See Chantelle fashion 's 42 projects »
- Amanda V. favorited Diy Recycled Thrift Shop Top 11 Aug 07:38
- wikked13 favorited Diy Recycled Thrift Shop Top 01 Jul 20:46
- Jenna C. added Diy Recycled Thrift Shop Top to Clothes/Acessories 01 Jul 00:03
- Niki M. favorited Diy Recycled Thrift Shop Top 17 Feb 23:51
- stephanie.goodsell.54 added Diy Recycled Thrift Shop Top to Clothing 04 Feb 16:49
- greenstyle added Diy Recycled Thrift Shop Top to Sewing 13 Oct 15:50
- Irene H favorited Diy Recycled Thrift Shop Top 20 Sep 02:11
- Modern Myth Angel favorited Diy Recycled Thrift Shop Top 19 Sep 12:03
- zoegirl221 added Diy Recycled Thrift Shop Top to Clothes 15 Sep 06:32
- Kat V. favorited Diy Recycled Thrift Shop Top 08 Sep 17:54
this is what it looked like before
first i placed the zipper on the dress to measure out where i needed to cut.
i liked the detail on the back of the dress so i turned the back into the front i cut down the middle of where i wanted my zipper to be.
i cut out the original zip because it looked ugly and lowered the neckline as it was originally the back of the dress.
i opened out the top when i cut it open
i then flipped it over and cut out the back to make a lace up back design.
then folded and hemmed all raw edges
then i stitched on the zip to the front opening
on the back i stitched on ribbon loops on either side for a lace up back detail
then added the ribbon to lace it up
and your done please subscribe to my youtube for more diy videos