i am a major hoarder of buttons and decided to make a christmas tree out of some of my favourites this year - because alot of them are really special to me i wanted to make it a temporary decoration so i used pins rather than glue.
1. first i wrapped the cone in black felt and pinned this into place
2. i started to add a layer of buttons - i mainly used green but also added a scattering of red and black
3. when i had covered the cone in a layer of plainish buttons i started to add the fancy ones!
4. i used a lot of floral and buttons on the top layer along with my favourite little fawns and bakelite swallows
5. i topped the tree with a bright yellow cutwork star button.
it was really fun to make and really could be done a lot quicker but i spent a lot of time faffing about choosing the "perfect" button!
hope you like it.
p.s. i've entered it in a competition which ends on friday 19th december - voting details are on my blog!