Hmmm so where to start on info about me I am 28 on the 14th January eek I can’t believe it as I still feel the same age as the kiddy twinks I teach. I am a Textiles teacher, teaching loverlies between the age of 11 – 16 (I do miss teaching the older ones 16-18, but my school doesn’t offer that). I am glad to be teaching my passion as I think my enthusiasm rubs off on the kids, I love it when they get as excited as me over some fabric or a new technique!
I live in Liverpool, England with my fiancé John and two gorgeous guinea piggles Jack and Mo. Before being a teacher I was a set and costume designer after training in LIPA. If I were to ask someone to describe my character they would instantly say Elf! As in Will Ferrel ... yes I do really act like him in every way .... apart from the burping ... eeewwww!!!! I get sooo excited over the smallest things and love everything – apart from purple and orange together – it makes me feel physically sick – wrong on sooooo many levels!!!
At the moment I am launching a new mission on my textiles room – firstly trying to find it under all my stuff and secondly making it look beautiful. I love the book Sew Pretty Home Style by Tone Finnager and the colourways in that book are EXACTLY what I would like to achieve, gorgeous pastle lime greens, sky blues, posy pinks, beiges and girlified gorgeousness. If you would like to make me anything in that book I would be sure to wheek with excitement :D Oooo that reminds me I am also a little bit like Agnes from Despicable Me – actually I am a lot like her :D
I am so excited at having the opportunity to craft for someone in another country, when I was a teenager I used to have lots of penpals and loved the idea of sending gifts to make them smile. Hopefully I will be able to do the same for the person I claim. Hopefully I will be able to squeeze in two as I understand that there is a limit for newbies :D
I just want to say thank you now if you do choose to craft for me – those kinds of presents are simply magical as I believe that when a gift is made you get so much more than you can ever get from a manufactured product. Time and a love for what you are making definitely adds to the spirit of a present! Happy Crafting Peeps:D
A bit more info aout me and my likes/dislikes
Favourite colours – Pastel pinks, blues, greens (limeish), creams, beiges.
Favourite patterns – polka dots, roses, toile de joy, gingham, pinstripe ( I am finding this so hard to get hold of in England!) country chic, floral.
Favourite themes – shabby chic, vintage, country, cute, girly, crafted (obviously lol), houses/cottages, fairies, Angels, love,
Huge wish – A patchwork quilt – I know this is more than mahusive as I have recently started a hand pieced hexagon one in my fave colour palette for my sewing room and it is taking sooooo long. Just a bit of cosmic ordering really :D I will get one one day :D
An embroidery set saying LOVE, one letter on each hoop on any of my fave colours. Again this too is a huge wish!
Fabric storage boxes in pastel pinks, greens, blues, beiges, creams. I have a unit that has 30cm x 30cm spaces crying out for some boxes :D
A cupcake pin cushion :D
A needle case – so I can find my needles.
A nice decorative magnet to pick up pins and needles – a cupcake would be fab again
A cake stand (see my wist list)
A textiles angel ornament/softie/teddy
Anything in Sew Pretty Homestyle book
A vintage style sign with a quote saying something to do with crafting.
Cushions – I would like as many cushions as possible on the themes of birds, love, fairies, flowers, quotes, words, patchwork, knitted, crochet, vintage fabrics, ribbons, laceyness, embroidered – anything at all.
Anything fun for guinea pigs will make my heart sing :D I would love for them to have a bee hive tent thingy or the fish one you can get :D it would make me and my partner chuckle lots :D
Textiles tags either to embroider words on to or with words like buttons, beads, sequins, threads, fabrics, etc.
Jelly rolls – I love them
Buttons – I love buttons.
Pink, blue, green, cream, beige fabrics all pastel tones please.
Mercised cotton for crocheting with.
Embroidery hoops and threads
Pretty ribbons, laces, broderie anglaise, bias bindings.
Threads for sewing machine/embroidery machine
Sequins, beads, rhinestones, shisha mirrors etc
Felt or felting tops
Books – I love books on any crafting
Silk painting supplies
Jelly Bellies mmmmmmm
Treats for my guinea pigs
I am interested in different cultures and would love the opportunity to try typical sweeties from your country :D
Anything at all really :D
Thank you soooo much for reading everything!!!!, eeeee, I am so excited :D
Yay I have some swaps :)
I will update a list here when they happen
Ani W - Germany
Newbie vs Vet swap
Swapping bits and pieces + a 4" x 4" square of fabric
Michelle G - Canada
Panda hat for soaps and jewelery + a 4" x 4" square of fabric
Inspirational envelope :)
Baby, Toddler and Children Swap
Newbie vs Vet swap
I am very excited eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D
I would love for everyone who I swap with to send me a 4" x 4" square of fabric so I can make a patchwork quilt in my favourite colours. I intend to embroider that swappers name on the square (unless they wish to) so I can have an ongoing project of all of the swaps I take part in.
Thank you x
Find Selina G. onEtsy Other
- followed selena 03 Aug 07:58
- commented on her comment Hi di hi Pam - OOOOOooooOOOooooo thank you very muchly for the link :D I have signed up to it :D yay! i hope you are well and that you are having some lovely sun like we are here in england at the moment - not too sure how long it is going to last as i... to Pam ^_^ 02 May 18:37
- commented on her comment Thank you for favouriting my inchies project :) I have more in my etsy shop if you want to see them http://www.etsy.com/people/Sewarty :D I will be uploading some of the clothing i have made soon - so watch this space :D Thanks again x to Maladignia 19 Mar 20:25
- commented on her comment Thank you for the like on my inchies project :) I have more on my etsy shop if you want to have a look its http://www.etsy.com/people/Sewarty :D I will also be uploading some of the clothing I make too soon - so watch this space :D to Crayon Princess 19 Mar 20:23
- commented on her comment Thank you for liking my inchie project :) I have more on my etsy if you want to have a look :) http://www.etsy.com/people/Sewarty I will be listing some more clothing soon - so watch this space x to Elizabete F. 19 Mar 20:22
- commented on her comment Yup indeedy Elizabete :) I am selling them soon hopefully at a craft fair or in my etsy shop :) Thank you for the compliments everyone - i really appreciate them :D to Inchies 19 Mar 20:19
- followed Claire A. 10 Mar 21:45
- commented on her comment Wow that is seriously AMAZINGLY OUTSTANDINGLY UNBELIEVABLY goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooodddd!!! I soooooo look forward to our swap :D :D :D :D Wow!!! to Fumiko Fawn 01 Mar 22:54
- followed CakeWhiz 24 Feb 19:18
- commented on her comment Aw Pam these are fab!!!! to *~Inchies~* 21 Feb 21:47
- followed Mary ;) 15 Feb 17:48
- followed Prettykittyfire 09 Feb 18:24