Make Over Plain Wooden Frame With Vintage Sheet Music And Mod Podge
This is reprinted from my blog (where I'm known as WhyCuzICan)
The group of music frames and Monster photos is a display I did last year for Halloween at my blog called MEET THE BOYS.
- Muhaiminah Faiz added Vintage Sheet Music Wooden Frame to Demi Lovato's Living Room 09 Mar 17:13
- AshleyPahl added Vintage Sheet Music Wooden Frame to Zooey Deschanel's Room 06 Nov 22:21
- Natalie o. favorited Vintage Sheet Music Wooden Frame 15 Oct 00:50
- Cheyenne J. added Vintage Sheet Music Wooden Frame to Frames 26 Aug 02:36
- Grimgirl101 favorited Vintage Sheet Music Wooden Frame 31 Jan 20:12
- elaina.nattrass added Vintage Sheet Music Wooden Frame to Misc 22 Jan 02:53
- Jaybird favorited Vintage Sheet Music Wooden Frame 19 Jan 18:40
- Eleni Z. favorited Vintage Sheet Music Wooden Frame 02 Dec 16:50
- Joybells commented on Vintage Sheet Music Wooden Frame 11 Nov 06:49
- Natalie S. favorited Vintage Sheet Music Wooden Frame 06 Nov 21:34
What You Will Need:
*One Frame- your choice
OK, trust me when I say that you can use ANY frame with a flat surface work area (or nearly flat- just not carved or detailed). Think "ugly, cheapo, pick-up-in-the-free-box-at-a-yard-sale frame".
*Some MOD PODGE (or homemade Mod Podge if you'd like. That's a simple tut I'll do some time...LOL) I used satin finish- it's your choice if you'd like to try glossy
*Old sheet music. I get mine by the arm load (well, err... handful) at a thrift store, yard sale etc. It's not valuable or super old what I use...it costs me like 50 cents a book with maybe, 50-100 pages in them. I don't like to get beginner piano books or something because the music is just like finger practice-- I look for more varied notes/arrangements (I know nothing about music, but I sound all "smarticle" and "edumacated", huh?!). It's your choice
*A sponge brush
* YOUR OWN FINGERS (ask Miss Mustard Seed, they are her fave "tools")
*then with a foam brush apply more MP to the top to put a layer of protection/seal it. (just a thin-ish layer) and the fun part....
SQUISH with your fingers, to smooth down the paper so it layers, looks good and stuff. (Have I mentioned I love playing finger-painting with glue like a kid?)
Hummm...that's it... pretty simple huh? Fun fun!!
In The End, it might look something like ....ta da! (dramatic) THIS....