Well, goggles are extremely popular among the goth scene. But apart from plush, glitter and some other really stupid stuff they -always- look the same. They are always bought in the same hardware stores. Booooring *yawns*
So for a long time I was SO "Oh no, goggles, blergh..." until threadbangers inspirated me to do some steampunk goggles! I'm totally into steampunk right now, and I started with this pair of goggles. I had about three different tutorials and did just what seemed best for me.
I'm seriously in loveÂ³ with the outcome, though the "glasses" are not perfect and the backside is closed ( headband-wear only. :P )
I'm not gonna do a how-to, but if anyone is in need for one, I can post some of the helpful links...
- Excuse messy me on the picture, it's late over here. ;)
- And yes, that shirt SO rocks!!! xD xD xD The full print says "I'm not a model, I just look like one" *drops on floor laughing*
- the 2 hours do NOT include drying time for paper machÃ© and colouring.
- This stuff is cool only when it's unique. Yes, I did close-ups to let you see what you -could- do, but do yourself a favour and be creative. Don't COPY. INVENT!
- Ugh, yes, I know, there are some people who say it's "steampunk", others say it's "stream". Normally, I say "steam", too. Where was I while writing the headline? Ã´.Ã” Gnaaah, now I wanna change it...... >___<
- Gosh, I feel like I'll have to edit this 50 more times because there are so much typing mistakes... I -really- should go to sleep now -__-