1. Using the foam Board first draw a cog design on the board. I matched it up so it fit on my belt. then cut out
2. now using the cog draw around the design on to the wood. *Caution power tool use* now using a jigsaw cut out the piece in wood.
3. Now the next step can be done in wood or foam board. Using an average hight (around 2inches for me) cut out rectangular pieces that will fit around the cog. This will form a box shaped like a cog.
This box will hold the mechanics for the key
4. now get your pipe, measure a hole in you foam board cog so the pipe can easly fit through.
5. with the rest of the foam board draw your key design as big or small as you want.
6.Measure on the stem of the key the width of the pipe
7. add the pipe cap and then find a way to stand the pipe and the key upright. Glue together using hard as nails (looks like welding)around the connection on both sides. It should take 24 hours to dry completly.
8. now you have you key and box assembled, spray paint gold or what ever colour you want to make it look like a wind up key.
9. next is the mechanicaly bit, i had a friend do this for me. i just found a cog big enough that the pipe can sit on it. The mechanics are made up of, three cogs, connected together, then soldered on to a small motor, and a battery switch pack.
this makes the key rotate slowly and enables you to switch the batteries and switch it on and off
10. attach the mechanics to the inside back of the box. Slide the pipe through the hole of the top and glue on to the big cog. The lid should be on, so it slide on and off up the pipe.
11. Your done just attach to a belt or corset to wear on your back.