Make a NO SEW awesome Halloween costume for you or your kids that everyone will love!
This is an easy, no sew project!
* blue fleece (or red for knuckles)
* foam, about the 1 1/2 inch or 2 inch thick kind. I bought one large sheet.
* sharp scissors
* red small section of red fleece or 2 pieces of red felt (for shoes)
* one piece of yellow felt (for shoe buckles)
* white fleece, or low pile fur (for tummy, ears and strip on shoes)
* strong headband
* elastic (for under the chin, and shoe straps)
* hot glue gun
* lots of hot glue
* sweat pants and shirt (blue for Sonic, red for Knuckles)
* yellow tubing for ring (can spray paint yellow, I think we cut down a hula hoop and tape it together))
- Chrystal J. favorited Sonic The Hedgehog An Knucles Kids Halloween Costume 12 Feb 01:09
- mizzpips favorited Sonic The Hedgehog An Knucles Kids Halloween Costume 13 Aug 21:14
- ShoujoMadness favorited Sonic The Hedgehog An Knucles Kids Halloween Costume 11 Jan 10:06
- karen t. commented on Sonic The Hedgehog An Knucles Kids Halloween Costume 02 Nov 20:09
- Jill M. favorited Sonic The Hedgehog An Knucles Kids Halloween Costume 26 Oct 20:14
- V Hedgehog Freak favorited Sonic The Hedgehog An Knucles Kids Halloween Costume 14 Oct 06:34
This is a no pattern design that you just have to "eyeball". I originally had it going down the back, but it wasn't comfortable, and sort of flopped, so I took the back apart, cut off the triangles and glued them to the headpiece. You can see the triangles pretty well.
Fleece is great because it does not fray, and you don't need to hem. For the head piece, I simply cut out a large square and tucked, cut and glued on angles to make it helmet like. (Except for Knuckles, I didn't fit it to the head like this, I kept his a little longer and rolled the edges and glued them like that). I put it on my child's head to see where it sit would sit on a headband, than glued it on the headband.
Cut foam pieces into triangles, with slight curved sides. Cut fleece to fit and hot glue fleece to your triangles. To make a nice 'edge', glue fleece strips to outline it out, I slightly rolled it under to make it look more like a sewn finish.
Look at your Sonic pictures and glue your triangles down in a pattern closest to the photos, or how I did mine.
Knuckles doesn't need these triangles. I simply rolled pieces of red fleece into 'tubes' and glued them to the headpiece.
Once the head piece is shaped and done, put on child's head and add your elastic strap under the chin. I covered mine in fleece, you don't have too.
For the body, cut an oval tummy and glue it on the shirt. Sonic has flesh colored arms, so you could cut the sleeves off of the shirt, but I didn't mind the long sleeves since it was a little chilly.
For the shoe covers, I simply laid the fabric over the shoes, cut a hole out over it and glue pieces together to look like Sonic's shoes (like the white band and yellow buckle). (Do not glue ON the shoe, this is just a simple shoe cover!) Glue your elastic down under the sides of the red fleece and simple slip them on over the shoe, than have your child put their shoes on.