Oh so comfy!
My friend taught me how to do this so I thought I would share it with ya'll. (=
( I guessed at the time I have 2 kids so I was off and on with it. If you use a sewing machine you could probably have it done in a half hour. )Published
- Aqua B. added Oversized T Shirt To Comfy Yoga Pants to Awesome 23 Jul 20:13
- Aqua B. favorited Oversized T Shirt To Comfy Yoga Pants 23 Jul 20:13
- Vickidee favorited Oversized T Shirt To Comfy Yoga Pants 14 Jul 19:18
- bexletmouse favorited Oversized T Shirt To Comfy Yoga Pants 14 Jul 08:33
- KozmicBlues added Oversized T Shirt To Comfy Yoga Pants to Roba 01 Jul 15:24
- Elentine added Oversized T Shirt To Comfy Yoga Pants to T-shirt recon 15 Jun 22:34
- Agnes S. added Oversized T Shirt To Comfy Yoga Pants to Clothing 14 Jun 22:18
- Jessica N. favorited Oversized T Shirt To Comfy Yoga Pants 17 Mar 19:53
- Heidi S. added Oversized T Shirt To Comfy Yoga Pants to Clothes 14 Mar 23:42
- Julia C. added Oversized T Shirt To Comfy Yoga Pants to Up-cycling Awesomness 12 Mar 04:49
This is what ya start out with. (Borring!)
Cut off the sleeves. Put them off to the side you will need them later.
Cut off the collar straight across.
Cut all the way up right down the middle. (Make sure it's even. I just eyed it and believe me it makes a difference.
Now switch the sides around to where the sleeve sides are next to each other. This is how your going to put them together. (=
Lay the pieces on top of each other wrong sides facing out.Pin and sew the middle part. (where the sleeves once were, and sew.
Now open it up and fold to where it looks like you have inside out pants. Pin the sides and sew up. Your almost done! Oh you might want to try on the pants first before sewing, if they are to small you will have to add extra fabric strips on the sides to make it bigger.
Now you will use the sleeves. Cut open at the bottom. Cut them to where they are wide enough and long enough to make your waste band. You may have to add more fabric. I did.
They should look like this. Sew all the pieces together and make them a circle.
The pants should look like this now.
Pin to the pants right sides facing each other and sew. The pants should be right side out now.
Turn the pants inside out again. and fold the waiste band down. Pin and sew. This is going to be the casing for your drawstring.
Snip two holes in the front of your pants big enough to thread your drawstring through. (Make sure it doesn't go through both layers! I used a 1 inch wide strip of fabric. You can use whatever you have lying aroung. I also threaded the strip through the pants using a super duper big saftey pin. After you thread the draw string tada! You have pants. (=